Mills History

It all started in 1949 when Los Angeles city supervisors asked city engineers to design a city trash can. The engineers got together and built a prototype. The design was rejected!

So the designers decided to build them on their own. After only selling a few, they sold the company. Mills Engineering bought the rights. Although they were off to a slow start and also sold very few cans. They were located across the street from Disney Design.

Then Disney decided to build an amusement park and he wanted custom trash cans. That is when the engineers all got together for a timely lunch to put ideas together and the Mills design was born.

Walt Disney bought the first of the new design. The Company was reincorporated in 1967 and present owner Rick Bell became the manager in 1978.

He worked as the manager until he bought it in 1980.

In 1989 Rick moved Mills to White City, Oregon where it has continued to provide high quality trash receptacles for most of the major amusement parks in the world.

Home / About Us / Products / Contact Us